2. března 2022

WHAT'S IN FEBRUARY 2011 - HYDE INTERVIEW

 




Because L'Arc~en~Ciel’s 20th anniversary is approaching, being fully prepared, they will restart the live activity. In the same time, they decided to release a 3 CD best album, and a 5 DVD BOX, where they recorded memorable lives. In this time, what does hyde think? From this man, that usually doesn’t look back too much, we got to know how the band has followed a never-level road.  

---As for “VOICE”, that has been put as a memorable opening [of the best album], even if I listen to it now, it’s a famous tune, isn’t it?
h„At that time we went to Tokyo and while staying at a weekly mansion we were recording. From morning to bed time, we were recording. Ah, someone did that even while sleeping (laugh).

--- After that, you signed with majors.
h„Because we didn’t know which way to turn, it was the time of seeing how good major was. Even about recording, for the first time a director was following us. Being inexperienced, I was fussing over things like: “Am I putting emotions in singing?”, but this guy was understanding more and, thinking back now, made me realize if my singing was reaching properly people or not.

--- You promptly moved to Tokyo
h„Something like that. I was happy with the complete refresh of spirits. I got from zero everything, like TV, washing machine or furniture. I was cooking for myself or enjoying not saving money (laugh). Before then, I could only use the money I had. Because I felt that it was at its very limit.

--- The first difficulty you met?
h„ We began [many things] relying on major, but at one point we started to think: “Isn’t it a little bit strange?”. The director intentionally made arrangements in wonderful hotels, treating us just like important people, but we realized that our real ability wasn’t with us. To tell the truth, even the concerts itself, at that time the final at NHK hall, was not crowded. Even though after that it has been crowded until now. Therefore we started to think: “This is quite wrong”. We thought by ourselves that maybe just like that it was no good. With this thing happened, from the 2nd album [he refers to the 2nd album as major, “heavenly”], we concentrated on Laruku. We thought that we had to work harder together. Again we started from zero, saying that we wanted to do (lives) from live houses. Therefore we made “heavenly” increasing the impression of speed a bit. The next album “True” was a compilation of Laruku’s early period. Maybe it’s the first well done album. Probably from this album Hajime-san [Hajime Okano] became our producer. Being Hajime-san’s merits incredible, after that he became band’s 5th member.

--- And then there’s “niji [rainbow]”.
h„ It’s the song of our restarting after a pause. I was usually the person that was making songs with an idea, and my method was drawing a rough sketch and adjusting the melody to it. But I wasn’t able at all to create a good first song for the restart. Because of this, I was very happy that ken-chan, following my idea, was able to create a powerful  and beautiful song. We were making this song together just like a band, with utmost effort. Tecchan revised the lyrics, too. I suppose that we were probably thinking that this first song was very important.

--- And the resurrection concert at Tokyo Dome?
h„ I was predicting that we wouldn’t be able to crowd also the Dome with the way of playing we had until that time. Speaking honestly, I didn’t want to become a popular artist, I was rather admiring GASTUNK or DEAD END (laugh). But, when I want to express my art in this world, if I don’t sell I can’t do nothing. If I think that I want to do huge things during concerts, if there’s no money and there’s no mobilization, I can’t do it. At that point I thought: “Shit, then I’ll do it”, and I believe it was spurring on and on rapidly. I had also obstinacy inside of me, but I wasn’t thinking that it could be good to make pop songs. I was thinking that it must be cool even with pop songs. Then I started to look at my times. Comparing myself to the world, I became aware that ahh, if there was this kind of song, everybody would be happy and I would be able to sell. “flower” was exactly this. Of course saying “can sell” is probably an inappropriate expression, but I think that apart from sale, a work that clashes with the times can be interpreted just like something that is running away. I think that being able to express in a cool way inside the times was maybe the point we had to aim to as pros.

--- From there, the world at once was going to open
h„ Releasing “Kasou”, “Shinshoku-lose control”, “HONEY” at the same time, we got completely cocky (laugh). It was the symbol of the fact that our fate unexpectedly was matching the times. We were able to have fun using media. I think that Laruku is a band that really matched the times. 

--- Even the albums “ark” and “ray” were released at the same time
h„ We are cocky (laugh). If I were asked about which concert is the first in my memory until now, I’d say the “GRAND CROSS” tour, held in 1999, from a Nostradamus’ prophecy. Even now I think it’s like a dream. The venue was huge, people were the horizon. I was able to sing among them. I think that it’s difficult to gather again that amount of people. 

--- At the end of 1999, 21tth century started
h„ When I look at this number, if I think that I could live until 21tth century, even now my hearth flutters (laugh). When we rushed into the still atomic era, into the year 2000, that we longed for when children, because the song “NEO UNIVERSE” was really excellent, with this song we made the countdown at Tokyo Big Sight, and it was the beginning of the incredible 21tth century. Through the knowledge of other world view in the solo activity that started from that period, I could return a lot to Laruku. First, my way of composing songs changed, then also my way of singing changed. When I came back to Laruku, Laruku’s song were really easy to sing. I could put emotions into them well. Even though I was putting emotions until then, those didn’t become voice. My vocal range as a vocalist widened. On some pretext or other, considering that I made solo career in order to do what I like, I’m returning everything to Laruku (laugh).

--- Like in “New World” or “Jojoushi”, you came out with several styles
h„ About my vocal style, honestly speaking, I was thinking that it seemed not perfect. On the opposite, because it wasn’t, I was thinking that there were many variations. But after “AWAKE” I have started considering this my weapon. Coming out with several voices becomes an advantage for song expression. It can be good if in a song lots of voice variety are coming out. 

--- About the lives of this period?
h„ The eve of “AWAKE tour”, when ken-chan had his broken feet in plaster cast, was funny. Before the live he stood up from the wheelchair and it seemed like “Clara stood up…” (laugh). Even “Mata HAATO ni hi wo tsukero!” [Light my fire again] is really a teasing title (laugh). I think that, being ken-chan a guitarist in which terrible waves are violent, during the live he is almost in a bad mood. But in this tour he was almost in a good mood. In the 17th year, at last Laruku became a band that could respond to ken-chan’s needs (laugh).

--- “L’7” tour?
h„ Entering the year 2000, doing an overseas tour became little by little frequent. Even this tour aimed at overseas. We had received letters saying that they were waiting for us, but we didn’t know how much it would be really exciting. Even though it was unthinkable that it could be a previous period, in 2000 we had the impression that we could go at last. So, if we were able to go, it would have been amazing. The reason for not going is the fact that we didn’t know how much exciting it could be (laugh).

--- At last, about 20th anniversary?
h„ There are mountains and valleys, and there have been a great amount of things that I can’t say here. The fact that the band is going to celebrate 20th anniversary is really a miracle. But it’s not only the flowing of time. Miracles can happen but I think it’s the great effort of everybody. But it’s not only the power of the band. Saying that everybody with all his strength is supporting us is an honest thing. Everybody is drawing several dreams regarding Laruku. About things that I want to do know, if I’m with Laruku, maybe I can. Therefore, what moves this boat on is not only us. From now on, I think it would be good if I could be in a band that will receive dreams, including fans.    

Zdroj:https://larcenciel.livejournal.com/1289295.html#cutid1

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat