18. března 2022

EntameOVO: The Brow Beat HAKUEI x Ryuji about their 3rd Album "Adam"

 


Congratulations on the release of your 3rd album "Adam". What kind of feelings does the title "Adam" contain?

Ryuji: I wanted to create an album that followed the birth of "Adam (Adam)" to the present time. I wanted to express the things, and systems, that humanity had created and the incidences that had really occurred during that time. When I thought of that, amongst the songs that were brought up [to me], there was one that [I thought] 'this is befitting of "Adam"', and so I applied this [concept].

Ah, I see. In terms of the songs, this time, there is the impression that, it feels more rock-like overall compared to the previous albums that you've done up to now, was it something you were doing consciously?

HAKUEI: It may have been something that was consciously done. Ryuji-kun originally achieved great success as an actor, and when we initially started the project, to be very honest, there was a part of us that was concerned about his fans, the people who knew him from that world, and the feelings that they had towards [the genre of] rock and this thing called a band. But as we created albums and did tours, through our senses [in our experience with the fans], we came to understand that, unexpectedly, the genre didn't matter.

And so, during this year's Yaon (Hibiya Open-Air Concert Hall) [performance], we did a song called "Southern Cross". It's a song that's something like a song [we did] for our own self-satisfaction (LOL), and I thought, it's definitely controversial, but it's also a form of expression, and it was a song that we tried announcing even as we steeled ourselves to accept it [the good or bad response from the fans], but everyone had an incredibly good time [with it], and even when we looked at the survey (for the live on that day), it was well-received. I'm sure, that it's because we were really into the various pieces [that made up the song], like the twin-vocal style we were doing, and as a result, that passionate heat and energy became a message that was conveyed [to the fans].

At the time, on receiving the response from the audience, when I thought of how we should be making things that The Brow Beat is able to express with freshness, vibrancy and liveliness, more and more songs that were very rock band [in style] started to spring forth.

Please tell us about the songs in the album. Firstly, "Tourou Nagashi". This was a song that was released in conjunction with this year's Yaon, and it's the first song that Ryuji-san composed. What was the image that you created the song based on?

Ryuji: I had the image of it being an answer song to the song "Suiren". I wanted to do a song that was a little more negative than "Suiren". And then, with a melody that was painful and bittersweet, and the use of instruments, while incorporating the laughter of children in the verse of the 2nd chorus, I created a plaintive and melancholic atmosphere.

Please tell us also about "YATAGARASU no Kagefumi", the other song that Ryuji-san composed.

Ryuji: I created the song based on the concept of "the easy-listening song". There's also the fact that I, personally, really love traditional Japanese instruments, so thinking that I wanted a number that was carried on a catchy Japanese-style melody which is familiar to the ears, I created it [the song, "YATAGARASU no Kagefumi"]. For the bridge, I just placed the melody of "Kagome Kagome" (the children's folk song) as it is into the song, and I think that the final product is incredibly Japan-like.

"L.R", and then, continuing with "Southern Cross", the rock songs leave an impression.

Ryuji: When I first heard them, they made quite the impact on me too (LOL).

HAKUEI: When I talked to tatsuo-kun (the person in charge of composing "L.R") because I wanted him to write a song, the song that I received was exactly as discussed, and there was really no holding back (LOL). But, it was a feeling that I really liked.

What [kind of song] did you place an order for?

HAKUEI: That I can't say (LOL). But, I wanted to do something that's more like a relentless and loud [type of] rock [song]. And then, I received a hard and forceful song (LOL).

Certainly, there is something hard and forceful about it, but the hook of the song is pop and easy to listen to.

HAKUEI: I thought that I wanted to protect that. Even though, when speaking of rock bands, they really truly are a reflection of our perspective and attitude, we also need to be able to convey that to the people who are listening [to us]. As a form of entertainment, in that if we don't succeed, we wouldn't be able to do any type of song, so that's the part that I think about.

For the album this time, there are more songs with twin-vocals than before.

HAKUEI: Going with the flow of the production, it naturally became this way. But the contrast and the colours of the voices (of HAKUEI and Ryuji) are completely different, so I think that it's become a meaningful twin-vocals. That is something that we've gradually begun to understand after doing the 3rd album. So, as a form of expression, there's the feeling that we're beginning to use that in a variety of songs.

Once again, please tell us your feelings for the album this time.

Ryuji: This time, on creating the 3rd album, I had the opportunity to discuss it with HAKUEI-san that because this is the 3rd one, I wanted to do a production of the level that it would leave a memory which lasts a lifetime. Not limited to music, even in movies, when speaking of the 3rd production, it's easy to fall [below expectations], so I'm looking towards this album with the feeling of ensuring that that doesn't happen. Right now, even when I, myself, look at the completed product, I think that we've created a production that doesn't lose to anything we've created up until now, so I look forward to releasing it into the world.

HAKUEI: This time, in a good way, I feel like we've managed to do something that is restless and isn't calm. But, that is the style of our band that we're aiming towards. In the ensemble and the rhythm, they are filled with fine details that we are particular about, so the impression that you get from listening to it [the album] is a dynamic and rousing sound of rock. I think that it's a good evolution, so I can't wait to let everyone listen to it, and I'm looking forward to the response.

And, what are your thoughts looking towards your Zepp tour and your 2days at LINE CUBE SHIBUYA (Shibuya Public Hall)?

Ryuji: I think I would like to show a live with a taste that's different from the lives we've done before, a completely new The Brow Beat, so I hope that everyone would watch it [the live] with a fresh new feeling. This time, if you attend the live, I think you will understand the true meaning of why there are so many twin(-vocal) songs!

HAKUEI: I think that the style that The Brow Beat has now is, a style that is new and not ready-made. That's why, even for us, ourselves, as we progressively do it, we enjoy the new expressions that reveal themselves more and more, and as a 3rd production, I think we were able to take on the challenge of doing something that is close to our ideal. To the people who have watched the lives until now, I think, please reset yourselves once, and come and watch the new The Brow Beat that we'll show you.






Zdroj:https://rz-jocelyn.livejournal.com/tag/artist:%20hakuei?fbclid=IwAR2Jr7opmlJooa1QCUNXLCKmKaWYzKzhtftgy6-Aw1PxOW_GKWw6lLKzPBs

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat