30. dubna 2021

Translation of KAMIJO's interview in Rokkyuu Magazine

 


Dweller of darkness and lover of luxury, Kamijo gave ROKKYUU an exclusive interview about his solo project. Kamijo's funny stories and vivid personality traits make this interview interesting for both old fans and newbies.
69: Please introduce yourself to our readers and tell us about any unusual habit you have.
KAMIJO: Bonjour. I'm Kamijo. And speaking of habits ... When I answer the phone, I say "Bonjour". Even if friends from other bands call me, I say "Bonjour". Recently I got a call from Asagi from D and he told me "Bonjour" himself. [Laughs] Gradually, this word comes into use, and the world is getting a little better.
Bonjour! (fr.) - "Good afternoon!" (approx. per.)

69: Do you say "Bonjour" in the evenings?
KAMIJO: [in English] Yes! [in Japanese] When I was in France and said “Bonjour” in the evening, everyone told me that I should not say “Bonjour”, but “Bonsoir”. [Laughs] But I use [in English:] "Bonjour!" every day, every time.
Bonsoir! (fr.) - "Good evening!"
"Bonjour!" every day, every time - [But I use] Bonjour any day, anytime. (a lane.).

69: Can you say something in French except for «Bonjour»?
KAMIJO: I can also say “La Vie en rose” [Laughs]
“La Vie en rose” (FR) is life in pink. Similar to our "look at the world through rose-colored glasses." (approx. per.)

69: Do you like any special character in the film, maybe you consider yourself to be someone similar?
KAMIJO: Lestat. [Vampire Chronicle

character Anne Rice.] 69: When you watch a movie, what character do you compare yourself to?
KAMIJO: The worst. For example, Lestat or Charom Aznable from Gundam.

69: Have you ever done cosplay?
KAMIJO: Yes, I cosplayed Chara Aznable in elementary school. Made a full cosplay of him for the Christmas party.

69: [Laughs] Okay, let's get to the bigger issues. What can you tell us about your new solo project? What's the concept behind it?
KAMIJO: Its theme is Awakening. In other words, a start or an opportunity.

69: Why did you decide to play solo after so many years playing with bands?
KAMIJO: To be honest, I thought of starting a solo project before Versailles started, but I met Hizaki and we decided to start a band, so I put the idea of ​​a solo project on hold. The band has now suspended activities and I have returned to my original plan to pursue a solo career.

69: You've been in the music business for quite some time and have seen it from different angles. As a technical worker when we first started out as a singer, composer and producer. How has this experience influenced your solo project?
KAMIJO: I don't think I could even think about starting a solo project if I had no experience in the music business. I am grateful for all the opportunities that were provided to me.

69: What can you tell us about the title of your first single, “Louis - Enketsu no La Vie En Rose”?
KAMIJO: Louis is the name of the French king of the Bourbon dynasty. As you know, I sang in the band LAREINE, which means "Queen", namely Marie Antoinette. After LAREINE I sang in Versailles, which were also associated with French history. I love the history of France so much that I wanted to name something in French in my solo project. That's why I chose this title for my first single.

69: Will your solo project have a French theme?
KAMIJO: Not really. I just want the audience to know that it is me and I have not changed, hence the name.

69: So France is your favorite country?
KAMIJO: No, my favorite country is Japan. I want to show the greatness of Japan to the whole world.

69: The title track of the single is very dramatic, yet harsh at the same time. Is there a story behind it?
KAMIJO: I wrote this song to study myself. I kept this song in my mind for a long time, so I kind of studied myself and poured out what I thought. This is how this song was born. [Note: Kamijo wrote the word "explore" in katakana.]

69: In LAREINE, the emphasis was on melody, Versailles was more on strong feelings. Listening to your single, you get the impression that both melody and feelings are combined there. Kamijo, is this what you wanted in your solo work?
KAMIJO: [in English] Yes. This is KAMIJO! [Laughs]
“Yes. This is KAMIJO! " (English) - “Yes. It's Kamijo! " (approx. per.)

69: When we listened to the second track, “Grazioso”, the image of a film or a musical came to mind. What can you tell us about this song?
KAMIJO: I wrote the soundtrack and felt like I wanted to put my voice into it. I wanted to sing for the soundtrack, and the result is this song that looks like a song from a musical.

69: It's a very interesting song. What does its name mean?
KAMIJO: It's an Italian musical term that means graceful, graceful.

69: While listening to him, the idea of ​​a movie comes to mind. The song is very unusual.
KAMIJO: Exactly. It was difficult for me to write it. I think few people could write a song like that.

69: That's right. As for visual kei, it seems to us that it is not in the song. The song is like a movie. Do you like movies?
KAMIJO: I love movies! [Laughs]

69: The PV trailer also resembles the movie trailer. Are you planning to make a movie?
KAMIJO: I really want to make a film.

69: If you film, who will you play?
KAMIJO: [Laughs] Villain.

69: And who will the protagonist be in that case?
KAMIJO: The main characters are the fans.

69: Do you prefer acting or directing the film?
KAMIJO: I want to make a film, write the entire soundtrack for it and play the role of the main villain. [Laughs]

69: Sounds funny. Coming back to the topic of music, you used people with whom you have known for a long time as guest musicians for the single. Do you have any reasons for this choice?
KAMIJO: I came to the world of aesthetics thanks to Manet, who gave me the opportunity. Now I wanted to do the same and give all my fans an opportunity. Working with Mana, I was able to express this very possibility. "Awakening".

69: Speaking of working together, would you like to collaborate with anyone else?
KAMIJO: I want to co-star with Tom Cruise. [Note: Tom Cruise played the vampire Lestat in Interview with the Vampire.]

69: Until now, your bands have had aristocratic or Victorian themes. Why do you like these topics so much?
KAMIJO: I like graceful things. I love the word "Grazioso", "graceful", I love beautiful, sophisticated, prestigious things.

69: If you started singing in a band that had nothing to do with that style or France, what would be the theme?
KAMIJO: Curious. Interesting idea! [Everyone laughs] It would probably be a fictional original fantasy world.

69: Would you invent the fantasy world? Any ideas?
KAMIJO: Yes, I would create a world from scratch.

69: If you could travel in time, where and in what era would you go, and what would you do there?
KAMIJO: I would travel back in time to rescue Louis XVII, who was imprisoned during the French Revolution.

69: There was a lot of English in your promo video. Are you planning activities abroad?
KAMIJO: Of course. I can't wait to play abroad as soon as possible!

69: You don't have any scheduled concerts in Japan yet, do you?
KAMIJO: No, not yet. I wonder where the concert will take place first. [Laughs]

69: Is there a country you would like to perform in first?
KAMIJO: Of course, I would love to play in France, but I'm still waiting for which country will invite me first.

69: You went overseas with Versailles, right?
KAMIJO: Yes, and many times.

69: Until now, you have always been abroad with the group, with the other members. What will it be like to tour with a solo project? Won't you be lonely?
KAMIJO: Even though this is a solo project, I think I'll take the band with me when I go on tour.

69: Have you already decided who will be the participants?
KAMIJO: My preference will depend on the time.

69: Tell us about any funny or touching experiences that happened to you abroad?
KAMIJO: Regardless of which country we went to, the fans knew all the Japanese songs and sang them with us. The fans overcame the language barrier and showed us how much they love us, which made me incredibly happy. For the sake of the fans, we also broke the language barrier. Their efforts made me think that I must work even harder!

69: Have you ever had any funny moments abroad?
KAMIJO: In South America, I don’t remember exactly the place, the fans took out the balls for an encore. It was interesting because we were playing a ballad, and despite that, when the song reached its climax, the fans started popping balloons with a loud “Pum! Pum! " I then thought: "What an unusual culture they have."

69: Maybe that was their goal.
KAMIJO: I would understand if they did it during the "heavy" song, but during the ballad ... It sounded like crackers! I was very surprised.

69: They probably didn't know which song you would perform as an encore.
KAMIJO: Yes, it was a secret and that's why everything was even more amazing.

69: On the topic of travel, do you go abroad for vacation?
KAMIJO: No, but I want to.

69: Which countries have you already visited? Do you often go on business trips?
KAMIJO: I go on business trips all the time. For myself, I was in America and Australia.

69: Which country of all you visited became your favorite?
KAMIJO: Tough question. I find every country amazing. I can't decide on one. [Laughs] Those moments when I come to some country and see how fans like the concert become my favorite and most spectacular.

69: Did you receive gifts or letters from overseas fans that left a vivid impression or were funny?
KAMIJO: Every year on my birthday, I receive cards and flowers from all over the world. This is wonderful, I am very happy.

69: Speaking of flowers, what are your favorite flowers?
KAMIJO: Blue roses.

69: Finally, could you please reach out to our readers?
KAMIJO: It's been 8 months since Versailles was suspended. Sorry to keep you waiting so long, but all preparations are over! My songs and my world are ready to welcome you. I hope you enjoy them. As for your hearts, I wish you to dive in and enjoy the heady world of Kamijou, and I hope you will love it. Thank you very much.

69: Thank you too!

Zdroj:https://www.facebook.com/notes/vive-le-roi-kamijo-fanclub-by-fans/translation-of-kamijos-interview-in-rokkyuu-magazine/155452669652298/

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat