2. listopadu 2021

Dir en grey - intending to change interview (2003)

 


I-SPY no.121
Dir en Grey - Intending to change
Year 2003

Interviewer
KAORU
DIE
KYO
SHINYA
TOSHIYA


Tell me about your feelings while you were playing live at the Akasaka Blitz.
KAORU: The feelings kept on changing because the songs we played changed day by day but it the live was so good, my body moved by itself.
DIE: But during those 5 days, we all tried very hard. The contents of the lives changed everyday, I was very excited.
You also played songs that you haven't played a very long time. Did you think that it would make the live more colorful?
KYO: Yes! I think I'm very different from what I was in the past, and when I sing those old songs, I enter that world once more. I felt that I had returned to the old days and is experiencing it again.
SHINYA: I missed those old songs, actually. I feel very comfortable with them.
TOSHIYA: Actually, I had forgotten how to play some of the old songs, so when we played it again it felt like they were new songs. *laughs* But after getting reaquainted with the old songs, my body still remembers how to play it.

On the last day of the live (the 5th day), you wore the outfit of your new image. They were all black. Everyone looked very strange?
DIE: It might make you feel weird, but there's actually a deep meaning behind it. When I look at it, I feel that it looks like a well-taken photograph *laughs*
KYO: I've always wanted to try that kind of image. This was my first chance.

When you see everyone wearing the same colors, you would think that they are all wearing the same clothes. But for Dir en Grey, it's not like that?
KYO: Yes! The color was the same but the outfit was different. There are bands that dress that way and look good but there are also bands that dress that way and look bad too. However, in our case, we look good dressing in black.
About your new album, you said in the past very clearly that it'd be a "straightforward" work. But when I listened to it, I didn't get that feeling. I had to listen to the songs multiple times before I understood that?
TOSHIYA: Yes! It's an album where each song has it's own distinctive style.
KYO: It's an album where we put together many singles. Other songs in the album were like singles though.
You mean the catch (ability to listen to the songs) is high?
KYO: Yes! It's easy to listen to, too. If you listen to an album where the band likes to use the same sounds, you would get bored halfway because an album is very long. And we didn't want that to happen.
DIE: I think each song is very powerful. If you listen to many different styles such as this, you might discover something.

KAORU: I wonder what the fans felt when they listened to it? But from now on, we're going to make it even more. "If you hate it, we'll make you hate it more. If you love it, we'll make you love it to death."
So you plan to make your songs more aggressive, right? The writing of the song and its process would also be different, right?
KAORU: No, but no matter what type of song we make, we want it to be perfect...it doesn't matter who wrote it. Everyone would do it together. We have always been that way.
DIE: They were all songs that us 5 thought "this song would be great!"
How about the tour that's going to begin in September? Do you already have the plans for it?
KAORU: I can't think of any...we just kind of said it. *laughs* We don't have a definite concept yet, but it will be part of the VULGAR world. The easy parts would be the lyrics and music and image, because it's something we do together. We intend to show the violence in the VULGAR world.
DIE: The VULGAR world is bigger than you think.
TOSHIYA: It took a lot of effort to make it, we were pretty tired after we finished.
SHINYA: For me...I want it to be a live that fulfills my feelings *laughs* I want to do something fun and interesting.
Rettouhouchi Tour again? *laughs* (does anyone know what rettouhouchi is? -D.T.)
KYO: Yes! Because I want to be a responsible person *laughs*

Zdroj:https://atrandum.livejournal.com/tag/interview%20translation:%20dir%20en%20grey

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat