22. dubna 2024

BITEKI 03.2021 ~ Yamazaki Kento

 


After 30 years of cold sleep, the scientist Soichiro finally wakes up. Then, his hard struggle in order to get his precious one back begins. His movie “Natsu e no Tobira: Kimi no Iru Mirai e” is an adaptation of the famous SF novel which has influenced a lot of other works. When he got the offer (to play in this movie), Yamazaki who loves SF things like “Back to the Future” said, “I’m very very excited about that.”
“Since a long time ago, people always want to travel back in time but even though we always think about time traveling, we still haven’t been able to realize it until now. That’s why, SF is interesting, and I really like it. I’m also interested in cold sleep. If something bad happens to the world, going through cold sleep so that we all can overcome it together might be a thinkable solution.”
When being asked about how it was for him to play a character which went through cold sleep for 30 years and after that wanted to go back to 30 years ago, Yamazaki said, “No matter what era it is, I want to portray an honest man.”
“Soichiro accepts it that everything didn’t go well because of his fault, and he’s somehow familiar with the sadness. Then, starting from losing the woman he loves who is already like his little sister, he realizes how precious she was for him. His resolution to go back to the past to change his fate is so cool. Looking at Soichiro, it makes me think that when something makes you feel down, you shouldn’t run away from it but keep on moving forward instead.”
It’s now or never. Even in acting, there are expressions which can’t come out at any time but that time. Though in recent years his acting has impressed many people and moved many hearts, Yamazaki said, “I don’t want to be skillful.”
“The character I play is around the same age as I am, so with all the experience I’ve gained, some parts of the acting becomes quite easy to carry out. But in order not to feel that my acting is already too good, every time I finished a project, I always reset myself back to zero so that I won’t think, “My acting this time is totally right”. I want to keep exploring the things I can only feel at that time, or the acting I can only carry out at that time. The thing I want to try doing someday is… a trip to the outer space! This year I want to experience zero gravity!”
KENTO’s TIPS
#Eat until 80% full
Recently, seems like I’ve come to understand the portion needed by my body. The result is that sometimes I eat 5 times a day, though (laugh).
#This earth is beautiful
When I see the scenery of the glimmering reflection of the sun on the surface of a lake, I think that such beauty is simply a miracle. Someday, I want to gaze at the Earth from the outer space.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat