9. července 2021

THE TAION INTERVIEW (NEO GENESIS SPRING 2006)

 


–What about “Taion” lyrics?
Ruki: That’s… before, Reita and I saw a certain story online. When we found that out, we were really overwhelmed. So, when I thought about whether I can honour it somehow, I thought I’d leave behind the feeling of being unable to entirely escape from something.

–The thing I felt when listening to this song was a struggling feeling and sadness.
Ruki: Struggling…there’s that too. This is something that’s been within me and that I wanted to write about since long ago. Even the song itself is like a changed version of something from quite some time ago.

–If it’s that sort of song…then you don’t really want to say that much about it, right?
Ruki: Right. In any case, the not being able to escape thing is important. There’s a lot of reasons for it but, the question of “how do I keep on with that?” is the point I wanted to communicate.

–Have you been liberated by writing these lyrics?
Ruki: No, I’m not liberated. Because that thing still remains. I can’t really put it into words, but it’s a really bad feeling in my gut, an angry, vexing, sad one…one of wondering, “Why did it turn out like this?”

–It’s something that escapes definition, isn’t it.
Ruki: Yeah…

–What about the title, “Taion” (body temperature)? Since the word doesn’t appear in the lyrics.
Ruki: That’s the image I had in my mind. A warmth seen in one’s final moments…or something like The Little Match Girl. It’s cold, but at the very end it feels a little bit warm.

–The one last match?
Ruki: More like a helping hand. I don’t know what’s the best way to express it but, if I wanted to put it into words, those lyrics are uneasy and anguished. It’s a song I wanted to leave behind because I don’t want to forget.

–Then let’s entrust that to the listeners, as well.
Ruki: Yes…


Zdroj:https://heresiarchy.tumblr.com/


Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat