6. listopadu 2023

TETSU69 ON MUSIC STATION – WONDERFUL WORLD

 


This is a translation of the talk preceeding TETSU69’s preformance of Wonderful World on Music Station. I originally posted it deep in the comments of a thread on LiveJournal.
Since I translated it by ear, instead of from written media, the possibility that I misheard something makes it much more likely that something was mistranslated. I apologise in advance if this happens. It’s probably best to watch the clip while reading this, or at least be familiar with it.
Begin
TETSU69 : Nice to meet you.
Tamori : looking surprised Oh, that’s right, you’re a different person without L’Arc.
TETSU69 : Yes, I think so.
Tamori : Let’s see if you’re up for this (laughs).
TETSU69: That’s right, I’m by myself, so I have no choice but to talk now.
Tamori : Give it a try. Is it really that different?
TETSU69 : Yeah, the biggest difference is how little attention I get. (audience laughs) Compared to L’Arc.
Tamori : What sort of comparison?
TETSU69 : I went to New York recently, and I couldn’t get the seat to go down. I wanted it to go flat but…
Tamori : That doesn’t look good (some laughing).
TETSU69 : I was just another customer.
Tamori : All the seats were probably like that. What did you do after?
TETSU69 : Well, I was in New York, so first I went to check in at the hotel. I opened the curtain and there was a skyscraper.
Tamori : Ohh…
TETSU69 : When I came with L’Arc… we were in the building next door.
(laughter from the crowd)
Tamori: Other than that, what else was different?
TETSU69: Well, a lot of things actually. I wanted to save money on food, because the studio was expensive, so I got things that were on sale and ate in my room. Everything I got from room service was cheap, bargain basement, and I had my staff do things too. (people are laughing as he says this)
Tamori : New York bargain basement… That’s totally different! They didn’t save money like that before.
TETSU69 : It’s completely different.
Tamori : Did you take the trains?
TETSU69 : In New York… Until now, I had used cars, but this time I took the subway.
Tamori : Pretty rough!
TETSU69 : It is rough.
Tamori : Would you please go on to standby?
Transcribed and translated by Natalie Arnold

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat