4. listopadu 2023

ASIA LIVE 2005 : SEOUL PRESS CONFERENCE

 


This is my translation of the Korea press conference from 2nd September, 2005. It was translated by ear, and so there may be some misheard lines. Since I cannot read Korean, I cannot translate the questions that appeared at the bottom of the screen.
Begin
ken : (Greeting in Korean)
ken : At the airport, where we had to show our passports, I could hear “Kyaa!” coming from somewhere. The four of us were going to gang up and break through all at once but… we couldn’t quite pull it off. So then, we ended up kind of showing off.
hyde : Yesterday, at the airport, um… I thought “They’re so talkative.” My impression of Korea is that everything seems so spicy. Speaking of spicy, this morning my throat was a bit raspy, but I’ll go easy on it and be ready for tomorrow’s live.
tetsu : At the airport, yesterday, I really thought I was going to collapse. I was a little scared.
yukihiro : About that, at the airport… It was incredibly eye-opening. I was surprised. My impression of Korea, um… I heard it was a lot like Hokkaido so I was expecting it to be a little cooler. Last night, I went to check things out in town, and it was hot out, so I thought it wasn’t like I heard it would be.
hyde : Since this is a tour connected to AWAKE, it feels serious. We’re always serious, but this time even more so, and we’ve already done the AWAKE lives… Eh… This is the first stop of ASIA LIVE, and so, we need to make it L’Arc~en~Ciel-like, we can’t disgrace ourselves. I think we’ll make it a good live.
tetsu : This is hard. Um… We’ve always created work that we ourselves think is good. Eh.. That’s all we did.
hyde : Soteji?
Interpreter : Yes, Soteji. (Note : A person, but I do not know who this is.)
hyde : Him? Ah, in West Azabu, we met. We has some drinks together. When we were out drinking, we were introduced, yeah… (nods) He’s famous. Of course I knew who he was. “Oh, is that you?” (mimes shaking hands) And I had a drink with him.
ken : Guitar shopping, I go do that whenever I can. I found some novels to read, I think the feelings, the story, will stay with me, since it was well written.
hyde : Umm…. I don’t really have any sort of inspiration. I think about a goal, or just myself, and then it comes.
yukihiro : I just… thought I’d like to make a song like this, and so I worked to make it into this type of song.
yukihiro : Coming to Korea for the first time and doing a live here makes me very happy, and so I think I will try my very hardest tomorrow.
tetsu : I think it’s going to be good. I think it’ll be fun.
hyde : I’ll do my best tomorrow for all the cute girls.
ken : Just like there were at the airport, I want to see lots of excited fans there. It’ll be fun.
Transcribed and translated by Natalie Arnold

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat