14. srpna 2021

neo genesis vol.28 - uruha

 


Interviewer's question's in Bold
Uruha's answers in Italics
Translator's notes in [Brackets]

Placing real feelings into the sounds and phrases [of the music], and to be naturally indifferent and free from passion, is Uruha. For this current recording, being born as a band, he seems to be experiencing the "sound barrier" that is surging. Uruha's simple and cool original song "DISTORTED DAYTIME" , once again proves that beauty is born because of these 5 people.

The 3 songs from this time's Single, they seemed to be turning to the same direction vectorially.
-When I heard them [the songs], there wasn't anything that felt out of place. This single does not have the motive of being intense in every direction. There is a theme of "anger". Where "LEECH" is concerned, Ruki used a original tune. At a point in time when this song entered [probably during their discussion], I was thinking "I want to do [songs with] this kind of feeling". For the sounds' image or phrase, first I will get advice from others, then in addition I myself will add colors to it and then erase, add and then erase. [As in, in addition he will make more changes to it]

Is it something like trial and error?
-Yes. I would trouble over the phrases that parallels with the sounds, but there are also good places [phrases in the music] that I would keep it, and I'll filter out the rest [which there are problems].

Where are you aiming to do this [Trial and Error] at?
-The part where I minded the most, was music that is not pop music. It's not just when I focus my tune on my "anger" in "I don't want to think why is it so pop" [Not sure about this, maybe he dosen't prefer pop?], and the lyrics and band's sound would be colored [As in sound better]. It seems like all the anger would be full enough to be made into a wall.

This is what you achieve when the 5 people gathers together.
-Yes. I even wanted to show the emotional side [of the song]. It's not like......" 'A' melody is this kind of feeling", but it's the display of emotional feelings through one song.

The way it [DISTORTED DAYTIME] ends gave a good feeling. For the introduction I couldn't imagine an impression of it, but clearly it was Gazette-like.
-The truth is, I actually wanted the introduction to flow a little longer, but I changed my mind because I thought "Can I set up the drums according to the edges to let it end pleasantly?"

"DISTORTED DAYTIME" is, definitely Uruha's melody yes.
-Is it true. (Laughs) I understand! [Why is it called 'his' melody]

The 3 songs this time, I thought that they thrusted Gazette's core.
-Ah. That's right.

Uruha's Melody is like establishing on just that one thing.
-Actually there are alot of things that I wanted to do. But as I thought it's within this time's Single. I suddenly hit on this song's feelings just before the song selection meeting.

What kind of feeling is it?
-It's also "Anger". I wanted it [DISTORTED DAYTIME] to be of the same level as "LEECH", and also it is the concept for this time, the whole theme is about "Anger" which is like gasoline, we pour oil over the fire. [To create a greater flame and thus greater "Anger"]

You explained it very well.
-Haha.

I had a good feeling while listening to it. The word "Coward" appears in blocks [I'm not sure if he meant in brackets] , and it is a new development.
-It's really cool to see everyone around me working on it [the song] together, and it is being produced. As I think like that, even though its really cool when it's being produced, I would think that it's very little [I think he refers to the effects of the song]. It's the same when we do it as a band, we feel that we did produce something good, but when we hear it with our ears you could actually feel an exceeding power.

The power increases whenever I hear the new songs. It seems that the band's feelings have overpassed Gazette's feelings. [He probably means they surpassed themselves]
-After all if we put feelings into the sounds, naturally the pressure of the sound would increase.

In "HOLE" there is a sense of floating in it.
-It seems like so. The floating feeling was presented rather daringly. Why is it? It just somehow became natural. But I think it's because probably I made it rather light/airy.

So, what did you do?
-Ideas like making the part with 'A' melody light/airy, at first I didn't know what to do. But well, I'm relieved that you could feel the light/airy feeling. (Laughs) This song, is not really "Anger", it's either this or another good meaning [for the song] would be sexy. ......But I didn't want to use the phrase " a good meaning".

Why?
-It's because our drummer uses this phrase often. (Laughs)

(Laughs) Well, it is a good sexy feeling.
-But that feeling seems to be a little unsuitable. (Laughs) Now that I think of it, even though I wanted to make the introduction [of the song] to be of a reassuring 'A' melody and let it be played out rather colorfully, in the end I produced out light/airy phrases.

This time, you seemed to have done a training camp for recording.
-Though, Ruki and I did the recording at another Studio. But even though I said that I stayed there [the 'camp'] , it dosen't particularly feel like a training camp.

Did you have the feeling of staying overnight?
-There was, but the only reason was because returning [he didn't state where was he returning to] was troublesome. (Laughs) Well, although it's a different feeling from the lodging during tours, returning to home isn't particularly anything either......speaking of that, probably going back home is better.

(Laughs).
-There wasn't much reason for me to stay. Probably it meant that I won't be late [if staying at the camp]. ......But, well it is huge.[He probably means the habit of being late is problematic] (Laughs) In my case, it's not just talking about having the mentality.

Compared to the last recording, are there any obvious changes?
-The quality of the songs have increased, and it seems like last time I would play games at the waiting room, and time would naturally pass. I thought "Last time I held such a good composure..." [As in, he could play games to kill time]. (Laughs) Even though I held such a composure but it isn't good. Well, maybe it's because it's now, I can think of anything I want.

It means that you want to become more stoic steadily.
-Rather than stoic, it's more like I 'have' to put all my feelings into it...If what we say differs from what we actually do, we wouldn't have any power to persuade others isn't it. I don't want a situation where I get everything tangled, and in the later future I feel that it's very hard for me.

Are there times where you would come to such a thought?
-After all, dosen't it come [the thoughts] when we keep making music repeatedly? I think it's because the fact that I did it properly, I'll keep seeing the things that are inconsistent, through all the different failures, I am able to be at where I am now.

Zdroj:https://kisekii.livejournal.com/3844.html

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat