10. srpna 2021

neo genesis vol. 28 - reita

 



Interviewer's questions in Bold
Reita's answers in Italics
Translator notes in [brackets]


While being at the 3 aggressive songs, Reita's aim is, to just simply be a bassist who supports in the dark. It is the sound that supports the other 4 members. In addition, to Reita who is sensitive to the happenings in the society through the news, there is no doubt that his mission is to spread a message through the music in this Single.

This time's work [Single], it's 3 songs full of attack.
-It seems like so. The previous work is a ballad "Guren", as expected rather than it not being full of attack, isn't it [Guren] more like an explosion of dissatisfaction. (Laughs)

And now firstly, what's your impression of Ruki's original song "LEECH" since he brought it in. [Meaning since he showed the song to everyone]
-This, there are 3 stages of listening to it. The 1st time is when there is still no melody, the 2nd time is when the song is already in [the single]It's not being tricky gradually, we want to go towards having lives that are easily comprehensible.

The development [for "LEECH"] is very cool. What is your approach [to this song] as a Bassist?
-I want to give out the feeling of driving [I think he refers to the feeling of speed]but it doesn't seem to come out. (Laughs) Actually it did but it's like I did not realise it, in reality this time I'm like a scene shifter [a stagehand responsible for changing of scenes, in this case he implies that he's like a support].

As for this, isn't it the image of the bassist that Reita-kun is aiming for?
-It seems like so. I want to create a "Ah, there was a Bass!" kind of feeling. But, although during the first hour of song making I'll be troubling over it, and the ideal sound definitely doesn't come out, I will be in a rush to turn it [the sound] to another direction.

During the white ball (a whole note / semibreve) at the climax [of the song]how did you try to show the nuance?
-I wanted to delicately delay the mood of the (Drum's) kick.That's why when I first played the sound of the chords, in the middle I played my own ideas, I barely made it to stick to the chords' notes, and I wanted to take out the mood that was changed slightly.

The reverberation of the sound is what you engender as a band. By the way, does the title [of the song] have the meaning of "hiru" [Japanese equivalent of Leech]...?
-It sucks blood (Laughs). This time Ruki said "I want to sing it this way", and let me hear the contents of the song beforehand and I was looking very forward to it. I was already like "Let's go! Let's go!". Then, I was like "Just like what I've said!". [He probably refers that the song turned out as good as he thought]

What do you think about people who lives on other people like a leech?
-Well, I think everyone has that side [of being a leech] more or less. But, to people who just lives with that [the side of being a leech] alone, they should be given heavy punishment for it.

For a song with such contents, it seems like the sound and phrase that the instrument team [I believe this refers to the band] wants to influence [the listeners].
-We are trying to do so steadily.

The emphasis of "DISTORTED DAYTIME", is on the thickness of the sound.
-I think that primarily that is our consideration. As for the bass, the sound seems totally the same like "LEECH", but here [in "DISTORTED DAYTIME"] it's not just thinking "what should I do here" [like what chords should be used for this song and such]and I thought that if I could give out that undulation overall, it would be very cool. Well it is unexpectedly difficult to have an unison [sound]. We were extra careful, because if a situation like "Although for sure that when everyone [in the band] plays the same sound, a sound pressure will definitely come out, but comparatively to unison..." happened, it would be rather bad [I believe he's saying that it would be bad if the result was not what they actually wanted]But the tempo [of the song] during the recording was fine. The speed [of the song] was just right too."LEECH" was difficult, but maybe because it is difficult that's why I have this kind of feeling. The difficult part about "LEECH" is, it's always hard to record in eight minutes.

There is a groove feeling of "Ready, Go!" kind of recording [Meaning that everyone coordinated and recorded together]. Did all of you record it together?
-Though I did it [the recording] with the members one by one in a mess. (Laughs) It's all thanks to the teamwork.

Did you hear about the contents of the lyrics from Ruki from this [recording] too?
-Yes. This time I heard all the 3 songs. Although I think that "DISTORTED~" is in English and if it wasn't translated I couldn't understand it, but isn't it kind of straight in your face? [meaning that the lyrics are kind of obvious] I tend to watch the news and such, so I'm very interested in the happenings of the society. Though this song had a message in it, this news [the message] isn't that good as well. However, I could understand the contents of the song even if it's done that way, since Ruki is pushing that song towards that direction, I think that it must be something important.

Compared to the other two songs, "HOLE" has a different mood.
-The mood is okay, but the directionality is different. But I believe that during lives that aspect will definitely be attractive. I think that it is very amusing. ...When I say amusing I don't really mean it's funny yah?

I understand.
-(Laughs) The atmosphere, it changes[when "HOLE" is being played]

There is sexual passion. [In "HOLE"]
-Sexual passion, yes. Ruki's sexual passion is emerging.

Are there any sexual passion for the Bass?
-For the Bass there isn't. (Laughs) But this [sexual passion], since the drums is blocked [? Sorry no idea what is he talking about ._.]it was very difficult to produce it.

Were there any intersting things that happened during the recording?
-There wasn't any~. Although there is a place to stay with facilities, probably Kai-kun is the only person that stayed...... (Laughs)

Eh, everyone went home?
-Everyone went home. No one stayed over even just once. Isn't Kai-kun the only one who stayed over for all the nights? It feels like, your own home is the best place to stay. (Laughs) And actually my house was quite near [from the recording training camp].

Then there isn't a feeling of training camp particularly.
-It only refers to Kai-kun. (Laughs) [Meaning that only Kai have the feeling of being in a training camp, lol]

(Laughs).
-It's alright even if we didn't have the training camp. I want to do the recording in our normal circumstances [Where they have always done their recording in]This is expected to express the real me. (Laughs)

Throughout this time's recording, are there any new things that you have discovered?
-We are walking towards the simple direction, and it's like a subject of "Having the feeling of a forceless 'simple' or not". [Sorry I don't really get this] Like a dark simplicity? I think that even if I try to extend a note in a bar with a "BAAN!" sound [a forceful impact], a feeling that something is lacking comes out, and the next time that circumstance [of something lacking] would be packed more.

Now that the recording had ended, soon it will be the rehearsal for the Fujiki live, and although it looks like you are always in the busy status, did you do anything that is summer-like? [Like, things that should be done in Summer]
-I wanted to do it, but I didn't do anything that was summer-like. (Laughs bitterly) That's why I'm placing my hopes on the open air live (during the coverage). I think at there [Fujiki] I will run into everything with regards to Summer. Because this time's rehearsal is the explosion of sound after a long absence [uh I think he means that it's the first live after a long absence] I'm very happy.

Zdroj:https://kisekii.livejournal.com/6314.html

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat