22. května 2021

Gab. Volume 74 [Asagi and KAMIJO]

 



Kamijo: The other day Asagi and I congratulated Dir en Gray's Shinya on his birthday. I decided that we hadn't communicated enough then, so today Asagi is also here. (laughter)

Asagi: Also, Kamijo recently joined Ruiza's session group. [at GCR Monthly Sessions] We've been meeting a lot lately.
Kamijo: Next time I'll come to visit you with an overnight stay. (laughs)

You're on a pretty good relationship, aren't you?

Kamijo: The theme of roses is very important in D's work, which is always present with me. Asagi for me is not only a competitor, we are similar in our intolerance to half measures. [meaning that both always give their best as creators] Our interests coincide almost perfectly, as if we were made for each other. (laughs)
Asagi: That's right! (laughs) I don't think there is anyone else who has that much in common with me.
Kamijo: We are both vocalists, group leaders, most of the music, label heads and ...
Kamijo, Asagi (chorus): We both love roses! (laughter)
Asagi:I understand what Kamijo means when he talks about making music and expressing yourself through art. Quite rarely, the band's vocalist also becomes the author of most of the music. It all starts with the melody, but when Kamijo focuses on other elements, I say to myself, "Which is expected of Kamijo." Recently, few people have managed to create a visual-kei image worthy of the title of "real art".

What exactly should beginner musicians pay attention to so that visual kei performed by them looks like "real art"?

Asagi:In a nutshell: do what you like. For example, Kamijo and I love roses. If an artist finds something that is equally meaningful to him, it will become a manifestation of his personality; it should bring the greatest joy and stimulate further music creation. This is not just a concept, it is something extremely sincere. It seems to me that you can briefly say this: you need to find what you love more than anything else.
Kamijo:If an aspiring musician asked me: "How to sell yourself?", I would answer that it is important to convince fans of your sincerity, to show them the seriousness of your intentions. Fans want to have fun, and it's our job to deliver it with all our hearts. This is what musicians are required to do - to cause sincere joy. By the way, I am unhappy to see artists who perform in unbuttoned shirts, but do not apply foundation to their breasts.
Asagi laughs.
Kamijo: Onstage during the concert, the skin color will be somewhat strange [due to the lighting]. The prominent white face looks creepy.

When only the facade is painted ...

Kamijo: It looks like a robot, doesn't it? The tone must be applied carefully, even on the fingers.
Asagi:I agree. I don’t use foundation at concerts, as it doesn’t stick to my sweaty skin; however, I apply tone in photo shoots and sometimes it changes the texture of the skin. I think Kamijo means total immersion in an aesthetic sense, so if anything looks bad, it is unbearable for him.
Kamijo: No matter how good the performance was, no matter how great you sing, a little thing like that can ruin everything. I probably wouldn't have looked at such an artist anymore. As Asagi put it when talking about visual kei, I tend to focus on "true art." By the way, D is currently on hiatus, so Asagi rarely appears in public. So if Asagi has something to say to the fans ...
Asagi:Of course. First of all, we will definitely be back, I promise. The break in the band's activity does not mean that I have moved away from music. I will say more - now I also create songs. In addition, I am busy with the treatment of jaw disease and there is already a gradual improvement. I consulted with the doctor, and he explained that after reducing the load on the jaw, I would eventually be able to sing again. Please believe in me and look forward to our return.
Kamijo: I've seen a lot, but this is the first time I've met such a positive attitude during a forced break. I was even more imbued with a sincere desire to support Asagi.

Zdroj:https://www.facebook.com/notes/vive-le-roi-kamijo-fanclub-by-fans/gab-volume-74-asagi-and-kamijo/245353857238274/

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat