28. dubna 2021

Kamijo's interview for Barks on September 24, 2014

 


I: Probably only Kamijo-san could have had his first solo concert in Paris.
Kamijo: There has been some talk of holding a concert in Paris before, but it's really a miracle that it happened at that time.

Q: The single Moulin Rouge, released in June, also evokes thoughts of Paris. How did you find the look for this song?
K: Actually, I didn't know about the Moulin Rouge. But I was looking for a refuge for the vampire, the hero of my story, which I tell in verse, from the second half of the 1800s to the beginning of 1900. Looking through the chronological tables, I learned that it was at this time that the Moulin Rouge opened, and I did there refuge. Also, my first solo concert in Tokyo was in a club, and in France it is called a cabaret, so for me this song combines different things.

Q: What connects you with France, Kamijo-san?
K: My grandfather played the violin, my grandmother was a piano teacher. Mom also teaches playing the electric organ. The house was constantly playing the music of Paul Mauriat, which I listened to since childhood. When I started to make music myself and realized what influence these melodies had on me, I listened to Paul Mauriat again. This is what allowed my musical style to be born, and now I am very grateful to France.

Q: Please tell me, did your idea of ​​France turn out to be something different from reality?
K: Yes, for example, the taxi driver immediately told me: "Be careful not to be robbed!" (laughter). But in France it is a historical place where beautiful things are preserved for the next generation, so I only look at beautiful places to reflect them in music.

Q: You have been to France several times, what attracted you especially in this country?
K: It happened naturally. In all my work, at least to some extent, the image of France is reflected. The only musician who had a strong influence on me was Paul Mauriat, and I dream of one day playing in the same places where he played.

Q: Your charisma attracts many fans to you both in our country and abroad, what do you think about this?
K: Forgive me, but I do not play anything like that out of myself, and I do not look down at others at all. I just say what I think.

Q: But you have an image of a person who is worshiped by many.
K: No, no, please write my words in bold. Although I am talking about aristocracy, I myself am an ordinary person (laughter).

Q: And what do you think attracted European fans to you?
K: I think that until now there was no such person who would have such a close connection between music and the visual side. After all, I have not only appearance, I also have thick blood. There is a lot of iron in it (laughter).

Q: Are there any differences in concerts held in Japan and overseas?
K: Naturally, there are difficulties. It takes strength to turn them into a journey.

Q: And how do you see France in this regard?
K: The best conditions have been created here. Usually there are always problems with amplifiers, which country you don't come to because there are slight differences, but this time Meku-kun did everything perfectly.

Q: And what are the French audience?
K: Other visual kei bands have mostly anime fans, and among my European fans, not only in France, about half are anime and metal fans.

Q: I understand that there are difficulties in performing overseas, compared to Japan. What is the most difficult thing for you?
K: I wanted to ride in a carriage, but I think it's impossible! However, I will consult with the staff later.

Q: Probably, the content of the concert is different?
K: The main difference is the MC. Still, one cannot speak only in English in any country, at least a little must be said in the language of the country. But since there are few words, I have to speak a little in the MC, so I try to make such a set list so that it is invisible.

Q: It was your first solo concert, were there any differences from the previous concerts?
K: In a solo project, I felt that I can do whatever I want. It was like a big bang. No worries, just pleasure. But I do not want to hold the concert according to a predetermined scheme, I want some surprises, some miracles to happen. In general, I love France, I would like to come there three times a year.

Q: A year has passed since you started your solo project, has it already taken shape during this time?
K: When I started my solo project, of course, I did not imagine many specific things. But now I finally create my future in accordance with how I drew it for myself, I feel it very clearly. When I write music, it all becomes a reality. I once wrote a very sad lyrics, and it all really came true. And since then, no matter how sad the song is, I always write such poems so that there will always be hope at the end. I think that music necessarily creates the future.

Q: Darkness corresponds to light.
K: Without light, darkness is not visible.

Q: Please tell us about your plans for the future.
K: First of all, on September 24th my first solo album "Heart" will be released. Japan tour starts in November. We, together with all the staff, really want to make it successful.

Zdroj:https://www.facebook.com/notes/vive-le-roi-kamijo-fanclub-by-fans/kamijos-interview-for-barks-on-september-24-2014/1065224310626027/

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat