18. listopadu 2023

TETSU69 ON MUSIC STATION – FIFTEEN HALF

 


This is the translation of the Music Station interview from a show where Takanori Nishikawa (AKA T.M.Revolution) was also a guest. He and TETSU69 did their talk segment together, and then each performed a song.
Since I translated it by ear, instead of from written media, the possibility that I misheard something makes it much more likely that something was mistranslated. I apologise in advance if this happens. It’s probably best to watch the clip while reading this, or at least be familiar with it. Takanori tends to talk over tetsu, so tet-chan doesn’t get to say much here.
Begin
Tamori : Here’s T.M.Revolution, Takanori Nishikawa-kun.
Takanori : Hi, it’s good to be here.
Female Host : We’ve heard that you and tetsu-san are old acquaintances from when you lived in Osaka.
Takanori : Yeah, and then recently… (turns to tetsu)
TETSU69 : Yeah.
Takanori : We each realized we still remembered each other. I was so sure tetsu-kun had forgotten me. Before, we’d talked about starting up a band together, but that was about 13 years ago?
TETSU69 : Right, right.
Tamori : And then?
Takanori : Well, somehow it just fell apart halfway through,
TETSU69 : And then he ran away from me.
Takanori : I wasn’t running away. (some laughing) I didn’t run. That’s rude.
TETSU69 : You had to have your debut first.
Takanori : No, no, no,
TETSU69 : You jumped at the chance.
Taknori : No, I thought tetsu-kun didn’t want to do it with me. And then later I thought he’d forgotten about me, cause you know he went to all sorts of places, like with L’Arc~en~Ciel, and when I finally reached him I said “You forgot me, right?”.
Tamori : Ah…
Takanori : Then he was like “Yeah, I forgot you.”
TETSU69 : *tries to talk but is cut off* (It sounds like he was going to contradict something.)
Takanori : No, no, even though there was distance between us, I think we thought about each other a lot. (some laughter)
Tamori : But since it had been so long, how could you even expect him to recognize you?
TETSU69 : Well, Nishikawa-kun had his debut first, and some records…
Takanori : No no no…
TETSU69 : So I was sure he’d have forgotten about that guy from the accessory shop.
Takanori : No, no, NO! (Much laughter) I’m telling you, you’re wrong!
Tamori : So you both still remembered.
TETSU69 : Right, right.
Takanori : No.
TETSU69 : Oh.
Takanori : Well, um, you know I was in a different group when L’Arc~en~Ciel was starting up, and though we each played a lot of livehouses, it was always different ones, so we didn’t have the chance to meet up. Even so, I thought “I wonder how it would have turned out if I’d had him with me.” but I kinda hid those feelings.
TETSU69 : *in Osaka-ben* Oh, really? (laughter)
Takanori : Yeah! (laughs) I kinda figured you were better off abandoning me (laughs).
TETSU69 : *still in Osaka-ben* How come?
Takanori : It’s hard to say…
(Everyone laughs)
Tamori : Then, when did you both meet up again?
Takanori : Last week? (checks with tetsu) This week?
TETSU69 : This week.
Takanori : It was this week, earlier. Doing different songs.
Tamori : You heard each other? Who heard whose song?
Takanori : I heard him, and knew it was him right away but thought “Uh oh, I can’t go!”
TETSU69 : No, it’s ok, cause Nishikawa-kun’s my senpai.
Takanori : No, no, no no!
TETSU69 : With your early debut.
Takanori : That’s not the same thing. So I was in the same place and went up to him “Excuse me, I’m Takanori Nishikawa, is there any chance you might possibly remember me?”
TETSU69 : Talking all politely.
(Lots of laughter)
(People talk over each other here. It sounds like the host was saying Takanori talks too much, but it’s unclear.)
Tamori : tetsu-kun, do you have a different story?
TETSU69 : I didn’t recognise him at first, cause he used to have hair down to here. (indicates Takanori’s lower back)
Takanori : Uh oh.
Tamori : He must have looked like a girl.
Takanori : That was kind of bad. But you know, tetsu-kun used to work in Umeda.
Tamori : He did? (tetsu is laughing)
Takanori : It was while he was working that I first introduced myself. He was wearing a baseball cap or something, and he was busy with someone else but I still said “Hey, nice to meet ya.” and I still remember it all clearly.
Tamori : Ohh…
Takanori : Isn’t that something?
Tamori : And now you’re both here.
TETSU69 : I wanted to be in his band, but he fled. Debuted first.
Takanori : No no! He’s so mean, that’s not true. But weren’t you happier with your other band? (some laughing)
(they start bugging each other, but the hosts cut in)
Female Host : I think we’ve taken up all our time! Let’s move on to music.
The performances come next. The intro blurb for TETSU69’s song was : The lyrics to this song seem to express feelings that pile high one day at a time, and some people have been known to cry at the end. Here’s TETSU69 with Fifteen Half.
Transcribed and translated by Natalie Arnold

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat