10. dubna 2023

SHOXX Vol 223 Reita #02 Personal Interview

 


The “After [LIVE TOUR11 TWO CONCEPT EIGHT NIGHTS ABYSS/LUCY]” Reita-like condition is…?
Well, of course it’s as the GazettE’s Reita as well, but as the “private” Reita, I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about things.  That shocking event of the disaster happened, and since then I’ve spent time thinking of things, and I’ve become a year older and you could say it’s given me the chance to change my outlook on a few things.  I’m still not totally satisfied and the live at Tokyo Dome was such a big thing, but until now, all I’ve thought of is what I should I be thinking and what should I do? All along that thought inside of me of “I will buy my parent[s] a house” was able to be realized.  I think rather than using my time for myself, if felt like using time for someone else’s sake became important. More than my recent state, this has turned into a story about the change in my mental state [laugh].
 No…it’s a great story.  That of a grown man. 
Right. The time to take responsible action approached.  There was a time when my sense of responsibility became stronger too.  Until Tokyo Dome, that was all I was able to focus on, however, while going through the tour after that, I thought about a lot of things.
Because it was postponed due to the natural disaster, right. 


Right.  As expected it became a tour where there were a lot of things to think about personally.  And as the GazettE there was the postponement.  While waiting to hear the unfortunate call for postponement the reality of what happened hit me.  That being said, because the tour got broken up show by show, it gave the impression that each live was a single shot.  It really became a time to take a good look at things and fix them. I was just sitting around waiting and this feeling that I just had to deliver something better came along.  The feeling that the low end [bassline] was something I had to protect became bigger than before. The drive to make an even more awesome sound got stronger too.  It was the same in relation to [ABYSS] and [LUCY].  You could say that there was a change in affairs brought on by the disaster and my awareness changed a bit too.  In the beginning we started with this lighthearted idea and wanted to differentiate between those two concept lives [ABYSS] and [LUCY] and thought let’s try to do something a little different from the usual. In reality we’ve come to think that it’s the best set list we’ve been able to do up until now.  We could let everyone hear it and everyone could do their part in getting fired up.  Honestly, [ABYSS] was a live where everyone was wiped out emotionally and [LUCY] was a live where we were wiped out physically [laugh].  Also, there was one [ABYSS] where there wasn’t an MC, so the words I spoke during the encore MC became the first MC of that day [laugh].  That was, man, the worst-I was so nervous.  I totally felt the responsibility for it. 

Doing an MC after that day’s kind of silence certainly is hard [laugh], but the next day was nice as you got to celebrate your birthday on stage.

Yeah, yeah! That’s something I totally wasn’t expecting so I was really surprised and very happy.  When it was Ruki’s time to come out on stage and he didn’t I was thinking “Oh man, is there trouble?!” and then Ruki came out holding a cake [laugh].  I was really touched.  I was able to have a really great birthday.  More and more I have to do my best, I thought.

That’s really a sense of enrichment, right?  

Emotionally, yeah.  I really felt like personally I was able to calm down a bit. I know that I have to grow up, but I’ve been kind of avoiding it, however, I think I’ve naturally settled down a bit. 

Because you also took the stage at Summer Sonic over the summer.*

That’s right.  If it were back in the day, I don’t think we would have said to appear, maybe.  You could say we didn’t really have confidence in ourselves.  I think there’s no way we could’ve left an “away location” like that unscathed.[1]  I think we’d totally be broken; our hearts that is.  However, now, that might not be what we hope for, but I’m able to think that’s fine.  Now I’m able to think of that as experience too.  Now I can think of that away feeling and experience as being food for the band.  I think there’s absolutely going to be booing up to a certain point, but I think the sound we fire off will stop it in its tracks, so nothing’s going to start. Just five minutes is fine because first of all, we want you to be able to hear the songs we’re able to send out.  If you find that you don’t like listening to us, I have no problem with you going elsewhere. But it’s that kind of person whose ears I want to get our sound into.  If just one in a thousand people thinks we’re good, then I’m glad we were there and did it.  Even though bad things were written, it’s just proof that they saw us.  I think I want to work hard on making it all one experience.


Zdroj:https://deadtuninglucy.livejournal.com/1896.html

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat