11. května 2022

Out of Music Feb 2010 Interview Translation

 


 I got to see the filming location for the "Stay the Ride Alive" PV, it was an amazing set.

"It was amazing.  I saw it a long time ago.  They invested that much money into it."

- Do your own PV's have that much money invested in them?

"A long time ago, we never wouldn't have had it.  In practice, over the last few years the budgets for PVs have been sliced drastically.  So, when you're making the budget, it's a very meaningful time.  With the filming this time, isn't it something of a scale that will make you think "This is huge" the instant you see it?  It's a huge responsibility, I think."

- The set filled the entire studio.

"I'm happy.  Deciding to give this much meaning to a visual work doesn't happen that much in this era.  It may be that out of all the music videos in Japan in 2010, no, all of the music videos in Asia, there isn't one filmed with such a large scale set.  Because you can't do it in other countries either.  2010 has started with an extraordinarily splendid curtain raising."

- I think at the moment, because the world is in an era of recession and depression, being able to see works produced well with budgets spent has a lot of meaning.

"They say it's a recession, but has everyone really lost their money?  No one's earning anything?  That's definitely not true.  Everyone's been too swayed by words.  Among my friends there's a lot of people who happily think "Now's my chance" and make staggering profits at these times."

- That's right.

"If you take a general point of view, I think in these times, including the budget, PV filmings of this large scale stick out, but I think, more than how the world is going, it's a good performance appearance for me, and as far as the Kamen Rider collaboration goes, it's a fantastic curtain call and epilogue."

- During the reporting of the PV filming, something that really left an impression on me was that you said to me "A hero needs to be given a proper curtain call".

"For this song, there were a lot of things I wanted to do in the PV, but…  This time I worked with Avex producer Kawano (Note:  the kanji in his name could be pronounced either Kawano or Kouno), whose love for Kamen Rider was particularly deep.  I felt that was worthy of respect, and if there were more people who could handle a work with this much love for it, I'd be happy working with them.  Meeting Mr Kawano, and meeting the selection for the 2009 Kamen Rider, Masahiro Inoue…  Participating in the "Kamen Rider Decade" project, in that year I have met many people, and those encounters ave. become very meaningful.  Therefore I feel that I want even more to give Masahiro a good way of continuing to his next step.  Naturally, going from 2009 to 2010, the lead role changes hands.  I've received mails from him discussing his anxiety over this.  But isn't this movie (Kamen Rider X Kamen Rider-W and Decade Movie Battle 2010) a place to display what's been done over the last year?  Therefore, what's important is how you display in the work what you have cultivated.  When I said to him "Your own problem is the number one thing coming out in this movie, so think about how you can show what you've achieved in this year," he said "I've woken up".  Well, I think he has a lot of this anxieties because he's young.  Could it be that because I'm not, I have them?  I thought about it a lot.  But there was providence in meeting him and having this kind of relationship, so I thought when he himself completes Kamen Rider and has to skilfully hand over the baton to the next hero, if just one work ends in his feelings and he thinks "At any rate, this role is over inside myself" it would be the worst kind of handing over."

-I see

"Although of course it's very important for actors to play multiple roles, there is definitely something like a responsibility towards a single role.  If you say you're not particularly caught up in that work, it might end there, but I think then you'd need to consider your responsibility towards the roles you receive more.  Because aren't there people who become fans by participating in a work, and people who gain courage from it?  And because there are many children who receive courage through watching that work.  Therefore, I thought even more about Masahiro that if, as he performs many roles from now on, the feelings he puts into each individual one weaken and it just becomes a matter of course, I want him to quit.  He doesn't need to attach to it, but I want him to love it.  I discussed with Kawano-chan, "If you think about not letting it end with this PV, but wanting to create a partition between one hero and the next, isn't the presentation of this music video, for him, the best completion possible?  And I think this is a last gift I can give to him.  So, what we're doing in the music video is, even if you're finished as a hero, the next hero will go on to inherit that spirit.  It definitely doesn't just end there.  If the children can somehow feel that when he's gone, it's not the end, but that spirit is passed on, then it's a good story.  Well, I feel like maybe that's the difference between a musician and an actor though."

-If you're a musician…

"It's different.  It's different for a musician, but it's because even if there's only a few, I create a single work by putting a stupendous amount of feelings into it.  So when I'm done with one work, I'm completely worn out.  At the time, I'm putting so much of my soul into it I can't think about anything like the next work.  So of course I love it, and of course I won't negate the work I've done in the past.  I'm always thinking I have to pay respect to those I've met because they received my works, and those who know me."

-It's a responsibility to each and every work.

"Along those lines, a person I've thought "He's amazing" about is (actor) Riki Takeuchi.  I'm very close friends with him, and he's a fantastically smart person.  Didn't he do a lot of "yakuza movies"?  The person Riki Takeuchi is displayed in that.  So, he was conscious that, even in private, if someone who knew him through that work met him, and was like "Oi, he's completely different", the dream would be broken.  So he's like that even in private.  It's completely wrong to say that he had a personality like that from the beginning.  He's particularly conscious.  It's because he's very conscious of it, and thinks especially of the fans who were touched by that image.  Thinking of the fans first, he decides how he should be.  If you look at it from the point of view of someone who doesn't understand that, they might think he's acting even in private, but that's not true.  Because he has a deep love, he does that so that even in private he isn't breaking the illusion, and is very conscious of that.  I'm not saying that's good or bad, but I think putting in that feeling for the people who have become your fans is how that type of performer should act."

Zdroj:https://amaia.livejournal.com/126555.html

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat