30. května 2021

August 1996 FM Fuji - 8th Anniversary Special




DJ. = Interviewer

hide. = hide


DJ. FM Fuji 8th Anniversary Special J's power 96! From now on until 2:30 am we present you the part four with this person. Good afternoon.

hide. Domo. This is hide.

DJ. hide-san, you're working in Japan this time, after a long time absence, aren't you?

hide.
Yes.

DJ. Been away from Japan for a while, you may feel relieved to be back. Is there anything you want to do every time you come back to Japan?

hide. I go to a Gyoza restaurant.

DJ. Eh?

hide. There is a Gyoza restaurant where I always go to. I dreamed of going there.

DJ. Is it specialized to Gyoza?

hide.
Yes. Ogikubo in Asagaya. I wasn't in Japan in summer the last two years, I was always forced to go back to LA; so I was surprised at the terrible dampness. I was almost melting.

DJ. It must be so in comparison with LA. I heard you have a studio in your house in LA.

hide. It's not a studio, but a room about this size.

DJ.. a about 6 tatami room?

hide. There are hard disk recorders in that room, so it's not a studio, but an ordinary room. When I played loud, there came complaints from upstairs with a hard knock.

DJ. Is the way of complaints the same as that in Japan? We Japanese often knock on the walls and

hide. Exactly.

DJ. Is that so?

hide. Exactly.

DJ. In Tokyo, do you have such a studio?

hide. Yes. The same kind of room with instruments.

DJ. I'm going to ask you about LEMONed later. LEMONDed is not a studio or is it more a saloon?

hide. LEMONed? LEMONed is only the collection of things I like.

DJ. Well, I'm going to ask a lot about it. MISERY was released in June. Hide-san, I have met you before when you released the first solo album. I think your situation in your work changed, compare MISERY with the last solo works. For example, if you're making a movie, there is a producer and a performer, and you were at the producers side before, but now you're half producer and half performer.

hide. It must be right. The vocals. Indeed I recorded the bass by using computer programms before, but I played the bass myself this time, so I don't have to care aobut vocals. I don't have time to care about it or … I'll be in a fix if my mind is dominated by vocals, so I have to devide myself into four, as a producer, as a vocalist, as a bassist and as a guitarist. And I have to do it in a very short time, so I want to make things that I think good or I want to do it before they run away from me. I have less time to think than before, I'm telling myself 'Do it before you think'.

DJ. You are 100% absorbed in the things you are doing at the time, so your ability to concentrate is very good now.

hide. The result is…


DJ. Though it must to hard for you physically. For listeners, I think it resulted that they can feel the tension that must be hard to feel usually from a cd. After you finished your first solo works, do you have your own subject to do next?

hide. In fact, I was going to start the next album as soon as I 'd finished the first solo album, but I wanted to work on X, so I decided to work on X last year and gave up my solo works. I was working on solo works at home and make a lot of demo tapes. They were only the things to show to my friends, saying 'Is this good?' I met with a band called Zeppet Store and there were a lot of things that have passed by me while I was absent minded. I wasn't searching something of reality. I didn't want to do something.

DJ. It's been about 2 years and a half?

hide. I noticed it.

DJ. It doesn't seem to be such a long time ago…

hide. I'm also surprised to see my own advertisment. I only thought why we are… we X are so…

DJ. But, what is it? It's very strange. As for Yoshiki-san, it seems that we have been waiting and waiting, then we hear him. But hide-san seems to be always bringing as something. The impressions on you two are completely different! Of course you released solo singles and play with others as guitarist, but it's strange because you're in the same band!

hide
. But as for Yo-chan, he has to control and organise the band X Japan. He has to control a lot of people including me, so he probably hesitates.

DJ. It is lovely to hear you call him Yo-chan. It sounds very friendly. This time, as I mentioned about a performer and a producer, according to a rumour, you are taking lessons at vocal training in LA.

hide. Not in LA but in Japan. I go to the same trainer who teaches Toshi-kun.

DJ. According to Toshi-san, you were taking more lessons than him.

hide. Toshi-kun always complains to me that he can't make a reservation because of me.

DJ. The schedule?

hide. Yes, it's very rude of him!

DJ. It's probably because you wanted to make it in perfectly with 100% concentration and tension as a vocalist.

hide. In other words, I still don't know what it is to be a vocalist. So it doesn't take any longer to let me do it than to let me think.

DJ. You're an active person.

hide. You better let me do it or… I can't control myself. I can't decide how to sing (?) It's better to drive myself into a corner, saying 'You don't have much time! You only have two hours left to sing. What would you do? And it's a single. How many people do you think are going to listen to it?' Otherwise I always watch TV.

DJ. Well, now we are going to listen to the single released in June. Please hide-san, introduce it.

hide. Well, MISERY.

DJ. Now I tell you about a present. We'll present hide's original telephone cards with his autograph to five of you. hide-san, are these pictures called artist photos of Misery? They are full of sharp charm, though hide-san was of course beautiful before.

hide. I wear heavy make-up.

DJ. Those who want these telephone cards please send your applications by fax. The number's…..

Zdroj:http://www.x-japan.de/


Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat