13. prosince 2020

Music Shelf Interview: NAO

 


Nao's Keyword 1: Alice Nine

In the past I've been in several bands, but when i formed Alice Nine, i decided to let it be my last [band], to make it my way of life. When i first met the members i remembered looking forward to experiencing what we can do together.

Nao's Keyword 2: Leader

Honestly i don't really like the term leader, I think I'm different from the sociatal kind of leader. Because I'm not the type to take the lead and manage everything by myself, rather I want to be the type to respect everyone's opinions and make a decision.
For example, if there's a certain path that's definitely a short path, but if everyone are for the opinion of going the roundabout way, i will go along with them. It's also because of the trust i have in everyone that i can do that.
If using soccer as analogy, I'll probably be the goalkeeper. Captain Tsubasa's Wakahayashi-kun! [anime] Occasionally, despite being a keeper, before someone aimed at the goal, i'll appear (laughs)

Nao's Keyword 3: Drum

At first i started doing trivial stuff, and from there the things that i continued based on interests were quite a lot, but during my school days, i did main vocals, guitar, bass, drums, these many parts and i had a lot of fun. So when i decided to become pro and proceed to Tokyo, there was a band searching for members, i thought they were definitely searching for vocals and so i went but in the end it was drums. If it was under normal circumstances, i might have given up and search elsewhere, but they had a good vocal, and i thought if i stayed in that band, i might also advance and so i started on the drums seriously.
For me, i think while been skilled in the band, making good songs is just something i'm not good at. as expected, among the things that i continued on during the long time, there are meanings in them. because of that i might be able to feel a person's charm. [urm...i don't quite get it( ̄▽ ̄) ]
the important thing about drums is that for the sake of standing grandly for the fans in front, i have to keep in mind to play in a stable manner.

Nao's Keyword 4: Travel/Food [it's NAO afterall :)]

Personally, i'm an indoor kind of person so i don't really like traveling, but if we're talking about tours, then it's a different issue (laughs), i might enjoy it [tour] more than any other members, but for me, i have an obsession with food, eating is something i really like. When i'm eating that is my happiest moment. Beforehand, I heard information from a staff member about going to a certain store, even if I'm full I'll head there. When i have a huge appetite, i will have 2 bowls of ramen, have sushi, have crab, drink sake, and to summarize, it's like ramen again (laughs) [*gasps]
There're some places that we don't often go to so it's like it's hard to be satisfied. when we went to Kyushu, I/we were "barhopping" ramen places. That's why during tour, the members will say "Nao is dangerous" [presumably referring to his appetite...]
Until now, my best memory was Gifu's Hidaushi [speciality of the Hida region, one of the 5 types of Japanese beef] Hidaushi is like a dream item descending from the skys and is something i always want to try, a little before this i finally had the chance to taste it, that was something, among the world's food something i can never imagine and was simply terrific.
Health-wise, i also take extremely care of the food i eat. For vegetables, I'll go as far as going to agriculture land to buy, and i also choose to have vegetable juice without adding anythingg, and I'll also choose food that are good for the body.

Nao's Keyword 5: Audience

Honestly I've often wondered how i am as a human being, whether I'm really suited for the drums, I've been quite bothered by this and often i just keep repeatedly wonder this to myself.
Even so, passing the tour this time, whether it's the fan's encouragement, or their smiles, and every other thing, I've been able to receive those again and again, with the support of everyone, i've realized that it's how i am able to go on. From now on, i want to continue seeing the fans from the stage! That's why i want to work harder at the drums! and so that's the positive feelings i had.
This is the moment that i really liked the drums more than any other times.

Nao's Keyword 6: Must-have Item

Drum stick, notes for practise and also book(s). I like books, during travelling or before sleeping, if there's time, i'll take out something to read. I read business-type books a lot. Overlooking success tips and how-to articles, i like books when i can understand the author's face and opinions.
For the notes for practice, it's usually not a written music, but usually the phrase that's written down after hearing [a song]

Secret Interview


[Yourself 5 years from now]

I guess i won't be exuding an air of manliness ne (laughs). For me i think of Alice Nine as my last band, it's just that i guess I'll be continuing with drums. Like drumming drums to the end (laughs)

[Hometown]

I was born in Tohoku [North-east], but after that, I also lived in Kantou [which includes Tokyo], finally from 6th year of junior school, i've always been living in Hokkaido so for me i guess i consider Hokkaido as my hometown. Since starting on music, i havent been able to be there [Hokkaido] often, but it was a special place.

[Musician]

Honestly, I'm think i'm not really cut out for a musician. Except, whatever career i go with, i wanted to be someone indispensable. So it's not about being suitable or not, it's the trust in the path you walk, and most importantly as a musician, to have the professional consciousness to not want to lose to anyone and to have the mental discipline.

[My roots]

Since I've from Hokkaido, i guess it has to be represented by GLAY and JUDY AND MARY whom i admired.

[Otaku culture]

I think it's something that fans and everyone knows about, but Akihabara is MY [written in eng] garden. My interests are computers, game and even though I'm not so familiar with anime, i like it, Akihabara in itself is a special street that Hokkaido does not have so it's very fresh for me. There's also no fixations for computers [in Hokkaido compared to Akihabara].Even though without the electric cable and electric outlet it can't be probably used, i like electrical appliances. Because I love the smell of electrical goods, my tension can go up (laughs). The cultural aspect is something that is connected even to the things i do now, for me, these are things that helps to refresh myself thoroughly.

[Fashion]

...i don't have the sense for it ne. I can't think about it as a total like Shou does. [meaning the overall look] For my case, i put together the individual things i like, so sometimes I'm told it's wierd, but my fixation is that in the total image, i want to have something that delivers an impactful punch, so a novel thing is something i'll consider as fashion ne.

Fan's Question

Q1. What is something you disliked but later liked? (within the genres of music, fashion, localities etc)

Mac! I was always a Windows user but after using it [Mac] i really got into it!

Q2. For Nao-san, what is something you definitely can't forgive or allow?

When they don't include chopsticks in Bento boxes!!!!!!!!!!

Q3. What I'm always concerned about is that from blogs and all that i can see that you read fan letters, but do you read the fanmail everyday? Even while you're busy with work everyday do you still check them?

Of course I'll check them! They are my source of energy!

Q4. How many points will you give Alice Nine now, out of 100?

This is hard ne..., i wonder if i give full points for Red Carpet, will it be a great laugh (laughs)

Q5. Even now, do you go to Akihabara 4 times a week?

Right now it's 3 times a week!

Q6. When you first played the drums what kind of feelings did you have? Also, currently what feelings do you bear when you play the drums now?

When i first played the drums, i thought the feeling of disconnection between the arms and legs were interesting.
Now, I feel the profound meaning behind the instrument.

Q7. What is one dream that left an impact on you?

When i woke up, I became Oden-kun [oden-kun is some anime character]

Q8. What is one comment you were happy to hear from the members?

Nao-san is bear-san!! ...(´┏_┓`)

Nao's Playlist - Nao's best Springtime ☆ songs [springtime as in springtime of his life, i.o.w. his youth]


[My] youth during school days is always shining! They are important memories. Listening to these songs helped me to gain enjoyment, courage and hope, so this is the youth song collection that's always flowing in Nao's inner heart!! Even now, i listen to these songs now and then.

1. Makenai de by ZARD

This is the first single that i bought in my lifetime, it's a song filled with a lot of thoughts. It's a song that gives support ne. you can become quite energetic with this song. It was the theme song for the drama 「Shiratori Reiko de Gozaimasu!」[drama in 1993]

2. Sobakasu [Freckles] by JUDY AND MARY

This was the opening theme song for the anime Rurounin Kenshin. It was an anime that i enjoyed every week! I think it is an interesting song with its different ways of singing the first and second chorus.

3. Kono mama Kimi dake o Ubai Saritai [I want to snatch just you away and leave] by DEEN

I often sang this in Karaoke! Kono mama kimi dake o ubai saritai...usually these words can't be spoken but when sung it's not embarrassing (laughs) This is the fantastic part about music!

4. Overture Taiyou ga Moete iru [Overture the Sun is burning] by THE YELLOW MONKEY

This is a song often heard in TV CM! This is also a song often sung in Karaoke. Persoanly I remembered it as a song easy to sing to.

5. Gelaende [ski slope] ga tokeru hodo Koishitai by Hirose Koumi

Since I often go to places for skiing when i was young, it has to be this song! In the ski area, I will naturally remember this [song]. A passionate love than can melt the Gelaende...everyone, have you done that before?

6. Anata wo kanji te itai by ZARD


This is another winter song that you can often here in ski places. I quite like ZARD so i often listened to her! When it's played in ski places my tension went up!

7. Koishisato Setsuna sato Kokoro tsuyoi sato by Shinohara Ryouko with t.komuro

This was Street Fight II's movie version's theme song! I played a lot of the SF II game. Because i used Dhalsim, there's no one superior to me...Yoga Fire!! [a certain move of Dhalsim]

8. Watashi ga Obasan ni natte mo by Moritaka Chisato

The song lyrics is about a girl's honest feelings and when [these lyrics] are sung it's cute!

9. Natsu no hi no 1993 [a day in summer in 1993] by class

It's a theme song for the drama "Kimi to itsumade mo" [1995 drama]. This song's answer song was released in 2008 december entitled "Fuyu no Hi no 2009" [a day in winter in 2009]. An answer song after passing of 16 years...It's a whole lifetime of love ne! Awesome!

10. Hateshinai yume wo by ZYYG,REV,ZARD&WANDS feat. Nagashima Shigeo

"Gekikukan Pro Baseball93"'s [another game |3 ] theme song, the guest vocal was originally supervising but ending up participating, quite a song that gave an impact. It's a song full of special feelings!

Zdroj:https://pokkori-a9.livejournal.com/2010/08/13/://pokkori-a9.livejournal.com/2010/08/13/

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat