16. února 2022

HYDE's interview in MY ROCK magazine




  ♦ Aren’t you too much stressed by the release of « BUTTERFLY » L’Arc~en~Ciel’s new album?
  Because the album is mostly made of singles already released, I don’t think I went to a lot of trouble. So, I’m not really stressed (laugh). I just dread as is the case for each new release, but I don’t fear public reactions. This album gets a real maturity and it’s very “L’Arc~en~Ciel”, so I’m sure fans could just love it.

      ♦ Were the composition and the writing of this album influenced by March 2011 tragic events?
  In effect, because of the events, the band and I were much less active than usually. Consequently, I got more time for improving each detail, each arrangement. For our birthday, we would like to make an album very cheerful and festive. The events make us changing of heading (??). A song of the album, “Wild Flower” is dedicated to this feeling: Its melody is sadder, and its lyrics deeper than what we make usually.


      ♦ Why call the album « BUTTERFLY » ?
  The butterfly evolved from its pupa to its taking flight. It's L'Arc~en~Ciel’s case, after 20 years, I believe we are taking ours... (laughs).

      ♦ What is your album's favorite song?
  I would say the last one, "Mirai Sekai". This track makes me want to cry. I'm very proud of this composition. It gets a depth which was a bit missing those last years. Its message is very strong and I advise everybody to listen to it carefully.

    ♦ How do you make evolving L’Arc~en~Ciel around-the-clock in keeping a veritable musical identity?
  A rainbow is made of multitude changing colors. I think this name helps us to renew constantly. Without losing for all that our unity.

A very closed sphere...


      ♦ 20 years; it's the age of Japanese majority. Does, for its 20, the band reach maturity?
  Besides we grew up as well as a mature band, but we also manage to enter in this very selective artists’ sphere, the one of the bands which lasts. This is the all-important moment: it's after 20 years that we have finally so many fans abroad.


      ♦ After 20 years, sharing your artistic life with the same people, are you tired of it?

  I can't deny that we have some 'periods' when the band was more or less getting on well. And I can say that now we're going through a period quite luxurious: we have reached our chemistry. I'm particularly glad that our international career is developing now we are at the climax of our art. Sincerely, I think the best is coming and the more difficult, or what make us getting tired of before, is behind us. The harmony between us is perfect!

    ♦ 20 years of career, does it age?
  That what I often think (laughs). I’m old! But I find consolation telling me that it’s thanks to all these years that we are here today, as a band, and that we get on as well together.

Keep smile


      ♦ As a band, what is your longevity secret?
  The secret? Never get worked up. If we struggle too much, the least little problem can lead to dispute, opinions aren’t the same, and there are arguments… We have to be tolerant, don’t get worked up, be in a good mood and move on small problems… Don’t be stopped by little obstacles and keep smiling!

      ♦ How do you explain the band success abroad?
  I can’t explain it actually… Maybe because we have existed for a long time? Actually, it’s a question I would like to ask you (laughs)!

      ♦ Where is this specific relationship with France coming from, according to the name of the band, of some of your song titles?
  In spite of the fascination we always have for your country, you have to know that we came in France for the first time only 4 years ago. It’s weird because we arrived with the feeling… of coming back home -going to the country- (laughs)! We could come earlier; we should just have wanted it. But we were keeping France for a very special occasion. And in the case of this tour, it was obviously an inevitable stop. I’m promoting and I feel like enjoying myself with it. I can’t wait (laughs)!


~PAGE 2 ~
An unbelievable experience

      ♦ What are you expecting from French public/audience?
  When we came the first time, fans were boiling, it was an unbelievable experience. Every members of the band were delighted, and it's a real happiness to come back again playing in the same stage. And this time, for this tour, we're going to work twice as hard for the mise-en-scene (or staging, I don't know ^^") and the show. I hope your reactions will be positive.

      ♦ The only other band which came to the Zenith de Paris' stage for its first time was X JAPAN. What are your feelings about it?
  That we were the first anyway! (laughs). X JAPAN are J-Rock mentors, I'm proud of being able to play in the same stage as such a big band.

His autobiography

      ♦ You just released an autobiography. Where does this envy come from?
  Until now, I was putting barriers, and was hiding behind. With my book, I would get rid of all my secrets and put on 'reset' button. Starting from scratch, without putting limits on myself.

      ♦ You are a singer and you were as well a model and an actor. Which other experience miss your life?
  I like making things, painting, making pottery... And I'm found of the cooking of sobas (Japanese noodles) (laughs). I could convert into Japanese noodles!

      ♦ What do you think about Japanese music? Are there some bands or artists you particularly like?
  Actually, I like Japanese music when it doesn't look like Japanese music... I particularly admire my partner in VAMPS and his band OBLIVION DUST. And to be honest, I don't listen to music that much, if not ours.

France without hesitation

      ♦ Do you realize that you are a J-rock icon all over the world?
  Sometimes ago, I daren’t push myself into the foreground. But I realize that a certain energy was missing, and I decided to stop containing myself, and become a leader. Maybe it's that why I get this icon status... From now, I'll try my best in order to be a charismatic leader.

      ♦ What is your best memory on stage?
  I would say in 1999, an open air show with 5000 people... That real human wave has impressed me. Otherwise, in terms of energy coming out of fans, I would say France without hesitation!

Zdroj:https://chichi-tsutsu.livejournal.com/2901.html#cutid1

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat