31. března 2023

Shoxx 223 Kai Personal Interview

 


Is it hard to find time for yourself lately what with all the daily recording and making songs?  
I think I can say I’ve done stuff in my off time recently, but nothing immediately comes to mind [bitter laugh].  Even so, once things settle down a bit, there are things I’d like to do.  
Aspirations.  What might those be?
Well first off, one thing is in the time before the summer live, I’d like to create a more toned body.[1] Then, and it’s a body conversation again, but lately I’ve really begun to pay attention to my health I guess, so just once I’d like to have a proper physical.  I’d like to try to get a precise, thorough examination done. [2]
For a rock musician, that’s far too clean of an answer.  
Well…more than the other parts [of a band], a drummer’s body is his capital.  Seeing as I’m in the band, if I’m off on the solo, and let’s say for argument’s sake, I collapse, then that means the rest of the band in turn has to stop, right?  That kind of situation is something I definitely want to avoid. Until now, I’d only been concerned with things that I could see on the surface, but now I think I should take care of the parts of my health that I can’t see with the naked eye at the same time.  Because I’m a good adult at least, I feel that it’s fine to find out how my body’s doing right now and put it on the table.  
What amazing readiness. I’m asking simply for reference’s sake, but about how many times on average do you go to the hospital in a year?
Normally, if I catch a cold I go. 
You don’t head to the hospital for anything that requires the surgical department? I’ve heard that drummers often complain of chronic lower back pain as sort of an occupational disease.  
Nah, I don’t have anything that hurts.  I haven’t felt anything like lower back pain at all really.  
Enviable! It’s amazing that even though you’re constantly pounding away on the double bass drums you don’t feel any symptoms of pain at all.  
Yeah, why is that? Not particularly for me…even though my posture should be terrible. 
It’s just your constitution, huh? 
Yeah, that might be it.  You see, I’ve never had the experience of stiff shoulders even.  What’s meant by “stiff shoulders”?  Even now I have no idea [laugh].  It’s different than sore muscles, right? 
It’s different [laugh].  I’ve heard that Westerners don’t often get stiff shoulders. [3 ] Kai-kun, maybe you dropped in and had your frame made over there [laugh]? Or maybe without even realizing it yourself, in reality your shoulders are growing stiff…? 
No, it’s not that I don’t notice it.  I’ve gone for massages a few times before and everyone who did it said “Wow, you’re not stiff at all.”  
Kai-kun, you were born to be a drummer.  It’s certainly a blessing from heaven, that amazing quality body.[4]
Nevertheless, I’ve got disadvantage points too.  When everyone gets a massage they say “Oh, man that feels good,” right?  For me, when I get one, even if it’s not done strongly, it totally hurts.  So that right there, conversely, I’m a bit jealous of everyone else.  
Getting back to what you said earlier about creating a new body, from here on out, what are you going to do?  
Of course training is important, but what’s really essential is perfecting my eating habits, right?  
But in your case Kai-kun, working on a deadline and such, in the end you end up eating out or getting bento a lot right?  It seems quite difficult to manage your eating habits.  
I think it’s difficult to keep a proper balance everyday.  That’s why I’m clearly explaining that it’s fine to not continue it precisely.  To that extent, I think when I’m concentrating right before a live and slack off a bit and then return a bit to my normal life, then that’s fine isn’t it?  
You’ll surely crack under the pressure of thinking you have to do it everyday, you have to do it continuously, however, that kind of management can be done for a limited amount of time.  
Yep.  Even if you put an end to it after three days, intermittently is fine.  Even if you build it up and break it down a little at a time, you’re still totally different in the end, right?  


**********

Yeah, so Kai, master of nutrition and exercise, I'm SURE those beers you and Aoi hauled out on stage with you the last few shows were part of your regiment, right? Or maybe those were his "slacker" days. Either way, no fair. Share with the class.


[1] Having a bit of trouble working out what this “savory body” means. Savory to me is something buttery and rich, so now I’m just imagining Kai, lathered in butter. Bad, bad. XD So, we’ll go with leaner/toned/built.  Yes. 

[2] HA! Screw you SHOXX and your typo! The article actually says 人間ドッグ which would work out to “human dog” and there’s just no such thing. It should be 人間ドック which is a fabulous, full on physical [and expensive as fuck all thank you very much].  See here if you’re curious, there’s an English page available. Ningen dock  Oh yay! Now 10% off. 

[3] Yes we do. Just sayin’. 

[4] I agree, 1000%. That body is heaven sent. That is all.

Zdroj:https://deadtuninglucy.livejournal.com/2225.html

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat