29. ledna 2023

yasu interview in Monthly VAMPS

 


- To begin with, When did you know HYDE san?
yasu : From L’Arc~en~Ciel indies days, maybe around their debut time? That was the first time I know him. At that time I had a band, so I had to give a listen to the music of bands surrounding me. But I didn't like whatever I listened to. At that time, i listened to L’Arc~en~Ciel in their indies i thought “huh? This band is cool! “.
I just like it, It was similar to DEAD END style. Like U2 I can feel UK rock in it. I thought it’s nice. After that I started watching videos of their live. Maybe what I’m going to say now seems ridiculous (laughs), but L’Arc~en~Ciel at that time wasn’t a good band at all they were cool, though! They were cool and you can’t tell the reason behind that. I thought they had a great rock. HYDE singing too, without a reason he’s just cool. I thought he's great. from that time I sank completely into his voice, and started listening to him so much.

-  I see!
yasu: I think L’Arc~en~Ciel songs from “heavenly” album started to be pop. I think these are not “cute” pop songs. They sound more like “modern” and “stylish” pop songs, right?. When HYDE sing pop songs this doesn’t make him cute, but makes him cool, of course his look is cool too, I fall in HYDE san singing. I always listen to it.

- So that mean, you were a fan of him before you meet him directly, right?
yasu: yes, I was a true fan. during the indies time, I said loudly that "I like HYDE". The fans supported me right away . Also the fans invited me saying “ yasu san, we have 1 tickets left, do you wanna go?”. The first time in my life that I paid money and went to a concert was for L’Arc~en~Ciel’s “Carnival of True” in Osaka Jou Hall. it was my first time seeing a professional concert. Anyway, it inspired me in many ways. I also was surprised by the big number of people in the concert and by the loud voice of the cheering. I was surprised from the gorgeous lightings too. Anyway I was surprised by everything. I thought “This part of the row in the venue doesn’t matter (him/yasu), but I wonder if he'll come to my concert?~” (laughs).

- (laughs)
yasu: so, I can never forget my seat number when I saw that L’Arc~en~Ciel’s concert. When Janne Da Arc had their first concert in Osaka Jou Hall. I wrote a letter saying “before 9 years, I saw L’Arc~en~Ciel concert from here” and stuck it under the seat. Then in the MC i said “ you numberOO are you here? please look under the seat~!” (laughs).

- This's exciting~! For you, this L’Arc~en~Ciel concert is a very memorable concert, right?
yasu: That’s right. At that time I wouldn’t think of things like “let’s aim to that”. That L’Arc~en~Ciel concert was unforgettable it gave me many dreams.

 - From that time, yasu san too, has started to achieve his dreams, you didn’t only made your music in the same genre as L’Arc~en~Ciel only, But you also succeeded in this genre , did any of your feelings towards HYDE has changed?
yasu: No no, it hasn't changed. I still respect him. (even after I made my major debut) I love HYDE san, the people around me know that also, I didn’t hear them saying stories about how he really is. So for me, HYDE san was a fairy-like person. A mysterious person.

- Then, do you remember the moment you met HYDE san in person for the first time?
yasu: Of course, I remember! The first time I met HYDE san was during his solo concert in Akasaka BLITZ. At that time they allowed me to greet him at the dressing room. I was so excited so I don’t remember what happened properly. I said “ nice to meet you. I’m yasu from Janne Da Arc. Thanks for today”. HYDE san said “Thank you” while being considerate of me …. That’s all I remember about it! anyway, I just remember that I was so excited! I was like “Ooh! I listened to his voice!!” (laughs).

- I see~ from that time how your relationship got deep?
yasu:  From that time, I started to attend many of his concerts. Then, at the 6th day of L’Arc~en~Ciel’s Shibuya Seven days, I went to greet them, I said boldly “ HYDE SAN! LET ME BE YOUR UNDERLING!”

- !!!! And then what did HYDE san say?
yasu: He said “eeeh~? what do you mean by underling? do you mean by underling that you’re going to do anything for me?” I repliad “I’ll do anything you want!” HYDE san told me something like “I see~ I see, then tell me your contact address” like this we exchanged addresses. and then the next day it was the last day of the tour and he called me at his after-party drinking meeting. He told me you’re not a normal fan. I talked with him about how much I love him. Anyway, HYDE san left slowly. (laughs).

-yasu san "the underling” has saw the artist HYDE san and HYDE san in his private time. What kind of person each HYDE san is?
yasu: I think HYDE san is a genius as an artist. While being active as solo, he keep working on L’Arc~en~Ciel's image again as a creator, also as an artist who present them. He is a genius in balancing between that. His ability of self producing is unusually high. he’s not a logic person, he go with what match his feelings. He’s that kind of person who’d do what he think is good. I can only say he has the temperament of a prodigy. as I said before, in private, we really like that he's not “ORE SAMA*”. Though he can behave like “ORE SAMA” but he doesn’t boast, he’ll just act stupid with us. In general, HYDE character has a cool, mysterious, and dangerous sides. But HYDE san in private is completely different, and I like this switch very much. even now. he’ll be the person I adore. My heart will always be throbbing over HYDE san.


message from yasu to HYDE
my beloved HYDE sama, I’m happy from the bottom of my heart to be born in the same generation as you, 💓
by:Yasunori Hayashi

Zdroj:https://kuro-sora.livejournal.com/2020.html?rfrom=unwantedx0

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat